Variable Auto Transformer (Variator)
Variable Auto Transformer, manufactured by BHASIN PACKARD is the most useful and effective device for step less, break less and continuous control of A.C voltage and therefore, for control of various other parameters, dependent on A.C voltage. It is ideal controlling device for numerous applications in laboratories and in industrial & commercial fields. BHASIN PACKARD offer auto variable transformers with ratings from 120V to 600VAC single and three phase and fractional to 700 Amps.
Variac transformers are AC voltage controls that provide a variable AC voltage. Their distortion free output is ideal for sensitive electronic applications. Variac transformers are available that boost the output voltage in excess of twice the input voltage. Input frequencies up to 2 KHz can be easily accommodated.
- Simple & rugged in construction
- Good Regulation- Voltage drop on load is low
- Output voltage variation on no-load and even on load is effortless, smooth, continuous, break less and linearly Proportional to angular rotation.
- High Efficiency- No load losses and load losses are low.
- Negligible waveform and power factor distortion due to simple transformer action.
- Excellent short time overload capacity
- Easy for remote operation with the help of motor drive.
- Wide range of models.
- Rated for 240V A.C. 50/60Hz. single phase supply and three phase model for 415V A.C. 50/60Hz three phase 4 wire supply.
- The output voltage can be varied smoothly over two ranges
- Zero to full supply voltage
- Zero to approx. 12% higher than the supply voltage
- Suitable for indoor use a maximum ambient temperature of 45oC